How to get children to be more mindful about the environment, to be more aware of the public spaces around us?
How can adults explain unfamiliar concepts such as architecture, consumerism, and sustainable living to children?
The workshop ‘Recycle City’ creatively uses recycling materials and the language of architecture to familiarize participants with the concepts of recycling and sustainability.
From daily items like carton boxes, water bottles, plastic straws, etc. participants will be instructed, through a series of skill sets, to create their own model of a house. In the process, they can wander around questions and answers about material sustainability, human interaction with their natural/manmade environment, and the role of architecture in creating/conserving those spaces.
Attending the workshop, your children will have a chance to:
- Discover the properties of recycled material;
- Apply their own idea into everyday life;
- Be more aware of the design of communal space and the environment from an architecture perspective.
About the Instructor:
Arkki is a School of Creative Education for children and youth where pupils learn general innovation skills through architecture. Founded in Finland in 1993, after 25 years Arkki has organized thousands of courses and workshops for more than 20,000 children in more than 20 countries.
Arkki’s education program has been certified by the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture as a national extracurricular creative education program, and by the National Agency for Education to export the Finnish education know-how to the World.
Since 2018, Arkki comes to ASEAN, aiming to build a systematic and progressive creative education platform for children and youth from 4 – 19 years old, and to connect children between ASEAN countries, and with Finland through international camps, projects, and exchange programs.
- Ticket: 600,000VND/per student (Including: workshop fee, exhibition admission to Arts Centre programs for parents and student, workshop materials and tea break)
- Early-bird ticket: 550,000VND/per student. For the first 15 purchases received before 1 July 2020.
- Group ticket (for more than 2 students): 550,000VND/per student. This ticket will be available from 2 July for both purchasing online and at door.
- Free cancellation for student who informs their absence before 7 PM, 1 July 2020;
- To guarantee the quality, the workshop can only accept a maximum of 25 students (from 7-12 years old);
- To ensure community health regulation, students and parents are advised to sanitize hands before entering the workshop.
For more information, please send a direct message to The Factory Facebook Fanpage or contact our hotline +84 (0)28 3744 2589 (Wednesday to Sunday, 10 AM to 7 PM)