“Calligraphy” composed from ancient Greek κάλλος – Kallos means “beauty” and γραφή means “text”. In other words, Calligraphy is the visual arts attached to the text, made up of handwritten symbols. A contemporary calligraphic practice can be defined as, “the art of giving form to signs in an expressive, harmonious, and skillful manner.
Coming to the Calligraphy workshop with Shiba, you will learn how to understand the foundation, on which the modern typography was built. Learning Calligraphy not only good for your mental health, but also useful for various applications in your daily life. Immerse yourself in the world of pen, ink, discover how the art of calligraphy offer you the perfect knowledge of the character designs (letterforms), and give you intuitive way of thinking efficiently, more innovative. This is a true therapy for your brain, something you can learn at any age and become happier with your new skill.
Session 1 (26 Aug): Overview of Calligraphy
Have you ever wondered where and when Calligraphy began? The first session will give you an overview of the history of this art, classify font types as well as introducing the pens, ink, special papers. Besides, Shiba will guide you through the applications of Calligraphy to adorn everyday life more lively!
Session 2 (27 Aug): Practicing the alphabet using flat pen nibs
Please don’t think this is an expensive hobby! Only with basic flat pen, after the second session, you will be able to practice alphabet letters in foundation hand font group, with a multitude of exciting applications. Also, you can use flat pen to write various font type such as: roman, italic, blackletter … Shiba will impart the writing technique, share experiences in the learning process and show you how to practice calligraphy as a therapy that’s extremely effective for relaxing!
Session 3 (28 Aug): Creating artworks from calligraphy and more…
Let the letters “dance” on paper! In this session, you will practice how to layout, apply reasonable space for the letters and design your work. Try your “talent” on decorating a notebook or birthday card with new-learnt skill!
*We only receive maximum 18 students per course to ensure the quality.
** Students can bring their own equipment or buy at FCAC when register the workshop
Tools kit required for beginners: 150,000 VND / set
– Straight pen holder (plastic)
– Flat pen nibs – Speedball C – 0
– Higgins Eternal ink (small jar)
Course fees: 1,000,000 VND/3 sessions (including calligraphy papers)
5% discount for early bird (pay course fee before 23rd Aug 2016) OR group from 2 students
Register at: https://goo.gl/forms/E95CJLOeBvpa5iOn2
- 2014: Graduated from Ho Chi Minh City University of Architecture
- 2013 – 2014: Founded Design group Bpencil
- 2015 – present: Tuitor in workshops Calligraphy
- 2016 – present: Master teaching Calligraphy at ADC Academy
- Self-learning Calligraphy in 2 years via: Learning Calligraphy (Margaret Shepherd), Calligrapher’s Bible (David Harris), The Art of Calligraphy (David Harris), Copperplate Calligraphy (Dick Jackson), Brush Lettering (Eliza Holliday & Marilyn Reaves), Learning to Write Spencerian Script (Michael & Debra
Sull), Home Instructor in Penmanship(F. W. Tamblyn),… and some other courses with calligraphy masters
- Created more than 150 artworks about Calligraphy and created applications works for more than 10 brands (Logo Active Coffee, Typography slogan Taipoz.com, Logo Bee Construction Company, Logo Lazy Town Coffee…)
- Non-profit street art project (The Colorful Blackletter) at 3A Station with Calligraphy group
- Organized more than 14 personal workshops and co-host 8 workshops with Study Space THINK IN A BOX.